What is Connecting Classrooms?
“Connecting Classrooms prepares children to take their place in the 21st century,” Karen Noble, Headteacher, Juniper Green Primary School.
Connecting Classrooms is a global education programme, which offers:
School partnerships - get the support you need to build a sustainable relationship with a link school
- Professional development for teachers - get equipped to tackle global themes in the classroom with our free, regional face-to-face workshops and online courses
- British Council International School Award - gain recognition for your school.
Join our growing community - over 5,200 schools and 936,000 young people across the world have participated in Connecting Classrooms.
Why take part?
Connecting Classrooms equips students with a deeper understanding of:
- other countries and cultures
- their rights and responsibilities as global citizens
- the skills needed to work in a global economy and build a fairer, more sustainable world.
Teachers also benefit from:
- gaining understanding of other countries' education systems
- being better equipped to teach about global issues
- improving their own teaching skills.
Find out how rewarding Connecting Classrooms can be for you and your students
(6 mins, 07 seconds)