What is Connecting Classrooms?
“Connecting Classrooms prepares children to take their place in the 21st century,” Karen Noble, Headteacher, Juniper Green Primary School.
Watch UK and Nigerian teachers benefit from gaining understanding of other countries’ education systems and become better equipped to teach about global issues, while improving their own teaching and curriculum.
Connecting Classrooms is a global education programme, which offers:
School partnerships - get the support you need to build a sustainable relationship with a link school
- Professional development for teachers - get equipped to tackle global themes in the classroom with our fully funded, regional face-to-face workshops and online courses
- British Council International School Award - gain recognition for your school.
Join our growing community - over 5,200 schools and 936,000 young people across the world have participated in Connecting Classrooms.
Why take part?
Connecting Classrooms equips students with a deeper understanding of:
- other countries and cultures
- their rights and responsibilities as global citizens
- the skills needed to work in a global economy and build a fairer, more sustainable world.
Teachers also benefit from:
- gaining understanding of other countries' education systems
- being better equipped to teach about global issues
- improving their own teaching skills.