The FBI has released a public service announcement regarding extortion attempts via email. From the PSA: The recipients are told that personal information, such as their name, phone number, address, credit Read More about Extortion Email Schemes
Office of Information Technology Services
Get information about your myBama, email, and other accounts that grant access to technical services at The University of Alabama.
OTI provides support for hardware and related software for UA departments.
Learn more about how to access email and other collaboration tools.
Learn where to get help or work with OIT.
The Center for Instructional Technology provides an umbrella of related instructional technology tools and services.
OTI provides Internet access and networking services to the UA campus. Learn more about how to connect and use the network.
OTI supports UA research projects and initiatives and individual researchers through technology platforms, tools, and services.
- Antivirus/Anti Spyware/Malicious Web Site protection (McAfee ePO)
- Change control monitoring (Tripwire)
- Protection and monitoring of sensitive files (McAfee DLP)
- User and Server Certificates (InCommon)
- Full Hard Drive Encryption (Check Point Encryption)
- Secure Email (PGP/SMIME)
- Security Reviews for regulatory compliance, research or IT projects
- Banner INB User Administration/Defender Token Administration
- Perimeter Protection (Firewall/Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention)
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Security Forensics
The University of Alabama has a number of free or low-cost software options for students, faculty, staff, and UA departments. In addition, OIT works with University academic and administrative departments to provide campus-wide and volume licensing agreements for commonly used software programs and applications.
OTI maintains a large, modern data center in which many servers, applications, and databases are hosted. Faculty, staff, and UA departments may make use of these resources or host their own.