The Kaye Scholars Program
The H. Austin and Florence R.S. Kaye Foundation has joined with City College to provide funds for a program to attract and support promising students who are pursuing a major in the Humanities & Arts.
Kaye Scholars will be chosen by a panel of City College faculty on the basis of:
- Academic merit
- Creative promise
- Financial need
Recipients of Kaye Scholarships must, in order to maintain the award:
- Be full time students (taking a minimum of 12 credits) at City College
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Pursue a major in the Division of Humanities & Arts (American Studies, Art, Asian Studies, Comparative Literature, English, Foreign Languages and Literatures, History, Jewish Studies, Media and Communication Arts, Music, Philosophy, or Theater). No other major is acceptable.
- Be a first degree student.
- Stipends equal to in-state tuition per semester (currently approximately $4,465 per year)
- After completion of the sophomore year, eligibility to apply to the City College Fellowships program (a mentoring program, offering $1,000 stipend per semester) with support from the Kaye Scholars program.