IS THIS YOUR FINAL SEMESTER?
There is an APPLICATION FOR DEGREE DEADLINE. These deadlines for graduation applications are determined by the different graduation dates (June 1, September 1, and February 1) and are listed in the Academic Calendar. If you miss this deadline, you must wait a semester for the next graduation date.
GRADUATION & CERTIFICATION
Start the graduation process the semester BEFORE you expect to graduate.
1. Print a program plan from the Programs page of this website and consult the eSIMS page for your transcript.
2. Fill in the planning sheet with your completed course work.
3. Examine your TRANSCRIPT for problems, and resolve them. For example:
4. Stop by the Program Director’s office for a preliminary graduation check.
5. If course work will be completed during the current term, apply for graduation online through the Registrar before the deadline.
6. Completing the program does not automatically certify students. Teacher certification candidates must apply for certification, be recommended by the college, and approved by the State. To begin this process, students need to register with TEACH.
Details about the certification process are available at http://www.ccny.cuny.edu/education/certification/. You can also learn more information about applying for certification from the School's Certification Officer, Mr. Kurt Brown, in NA 3/213 ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students should understand that once the application is sent, certification rests in the hands of the state; we can only recommend students, not certify them.
Open the original version of this page.