Proxy Service for CCNY Faculty, Staff and Students
Proxy service enables library users to access commercially licensed electronic resources when connecting to the web from off campus (home or on the road). It applies to those resources that have been licensed for CCNY users only, such as ScienceDirect and or Grove Music. It also applies to those resources licensed for all of CUNY, such as Lexis-Nexis or Academic Search Premier.
Qualifying for a proxy account:
In order to qualify for a proxy account:
- You must be a member of the CCNY faculty, staff or student body.
- You must have a valid e-mail account.
- You must have a valid barcode.
(Note: If you do not have a valid library barcode, simply go to the circulation desk with your CCNY ID and you will be given a barcode)
Registering for a proxy account:
In order to register for a proxy account, you must use a computer off campus:
(Remember, you do not need proxy access from computers on the CCNY campus.)
- Click here for Proxy Access.
- You can login or go to the section for First Time Users/Forgot Password.
- Enter your barcode from your valid CCNY ID in the box provided.
- Follow the Registration instructions.
- Select the 'E-Z Proxy Access' link or the 'See instructions' link in this box.
If your e-mail address changes after you have registered, or you have any questions regarding the service,
contact us at 'Ask a Librarian'.