Job Title Director of Student Campus Involvement (Student Life Director)
Department Student Affairs
Date Posted 01/23/13
Closing Date Until Filled
Position Detail Open until filled, with the review of applications to begin 02/06/2013.
FLSA Status Exempt
Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Description and Duties
Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.Qualifications and Requirements
Bachelor's degree and eight years related experience required.
Master's degree in a relevant discipline is strongly preferred. Experience in higher education and an outstanding record accomplishment is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills and the capacity to supervise and lead a student affairs staff.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in student services in general and student engagement in particular.
- Knowledge of policy formulation and methods of analysis to establish practical policies and provide effective guidance in decision-making.
- Ability to organize and implement change.
- Ability to behave in a considerate manner with others regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, or beliefs.
- Ability to interview, select, train, supervise, and evaluate a diverse staff.
- Ability to actively listen and demonstrate understanding.
- Skills to maintain a fair and decisive leadership style with the ability to make independent judgments.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of projects/programs.
- An innovative character thriving on challenge, who is student and quality driven.
- Ability to generate and identify opportunities to improve present programs and/or operations.
- Demonstrates the determination to achieve objectives, particularly when subject to time/cost constraints.
- Ensure regular evaluation of assigned staff and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to keep up-to-date on changes in technology and provide recommendations regarding the direction of the campus' strategic plan.
- Ability to safeguard sensitive or confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
- Ability to meet deadlines for assigned reports and projects.
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.