Job Title Research Associate - Earth Systems Engineering Programs
Department Electrical Engineering
Date Posted 11/09/12
Closing Date Until Filled
Position Detail Open until filled, with the review of applications to begin 11/23/12.
FLSA Status Exempt
Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Description and Duties
Conducts academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff, and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving others.
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the University and relevant outside parties
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The City College of New York has an opening for an individual to coordinate and integrate existing and developing multidisciplinary programs in Earth System Science and Environmental Engineering & Environmental and Earth System Science areas.
This position will work with affiliated faculty to develop research curricula and projects, lead academic and professional accreditation efforts, and expand research program offerings at CCNY. The candidate will also work with the Program Director and affiliated faculty to devise and implement effective advising and research mentoring for affiliated students at undergraduate and graduate levels. The Research Associate will also coordinate outreach and educational activities with respect to Earth and Environmental Science and Engineering.
In addition to the duties above this position will also:
- Assist in conception and development of research proposals for the Program.
- Collect required data and prepare reports on the multidisciplinary program for various agencies.
- Track student research and academic progress.
Doctoral Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
Ph.D. in related science and engineering fields, with background in modeling and computational analysis, or experimental areas required. Past experience participating in interdisciplinary programs as well as the ability to multi-task are preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and be computer literate.To Apply
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.