Job Title Assistant or Associate Professor - Clinical Supervision/Teacher Education (Tenure-track)
Department School of Education
Date Posted 03/21/13
Closing Date Until Filled
Position Detail Open until filled with a review of applications to begin April 15, 2013.
FLSA Status Exempt
Compensation Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Description and Duties
--[endif]---->FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Departments of Teaching, Learning, and Culture and Secondary Education in the School of Education are currently seeking an intellectual leader whose primary field is teacher education and who is experienced in structuring and supervising the components of preparation programs that are clinically rich. A successful candidate will work as a liaison between several programs in the School of Education, the Office of Clinical Experiences, and the schools in the City College community. This candidate's responsibilities will include helping to structure student teaching and field work experiences and conducting research that responds to and informs our professional fields. Responsibilities will also include teaching student teaching seminars and supervising student teachers.Qualifications and Requirements
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in teacher education or a closely related educational field
- Experience teaching at the K-12 level
- Student teaching supervision experience
- Ability to develop strong field connections
- Ability to develop a program of collaborative scholarship with local school professionals who are part of our clinical supervision team
- Experience teaching grades 1-6
- Experience teaching in NYC schools
- Cooperating teacher experience
- Experience teaching in higher education
- Working knowledge of Common Core State Standards and the New York State Teachers examinations
Submit a letter of application, CV, one professional writing sample, and the names and contact information for three professional references electronically via CUNY's on-line system:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR LETTER OF APPLICATION, CV, ONE PROFESSIONAL WRITING SAMPLE, AND THE NAMES AND CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THREE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: DOC, .DOCX, .PDF, .RTF, OR .TXT.