This page provides an overview of the variety of services we provide in managing the campus facilities at City College of New York. For more detailed information about who to contact and how to request a work order, please see our Service Guide
- Repairs and restoration of walls, floors, ceilings and doors.
- Routine cleaning of buildings and grounds, and disposal of recycling and trash. Janitorial services for special events.
Infrastructure Systems Maintenance
- Produce electricity, steam, and chilled water. Environmental Health and Safety
- Increase awareness of safety in laboratory management, and dispose of laboratory waste.
Landscaping and Grounds Keeping
- Repair, adjustment, and preventive maintenance of escalators and elevators, and plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Minor Alterations and Repairs
- Care and maintenance of campus streets, sidewalks, lawns, ground cover and playing fields. Snow removal from walkways and parking lots.
Major Remodeling and Renovation Projects
- Estimate, schedule and perform minor alteration and repair projects, such as painting walls or installing carpeting.
- Plan, design, and oversee construction for major capital improvement projects on campus.
- Maintain, repair and operate campus vehicle fleet. Operate campus shuttle bus service.
- Signage Services: The design, production, and maintenance of signs.
- Lock & Key Services: The production and distribution of keys for doors and furniture. Installation and change of locks on doors and equipment.
- Special Event Services: The planning, preparation, coordination, and set up of furniture and equipment for special events, such as commencement ceremonies.
- Surplus Property and Waste Removal: Pickup and discard unwanted furniture and equipment, and dispose of debris.
- Special Facilities Services Maintain the swimming pool, lighting equipment, compressed air, and processed water systems.
- Moving Services Schedule and move furniture and equipment within the campus.
- Pest Control External and structural pest control.
Request for routine maintenance should be submitted through our Work Order System. Each department has an assigned authorized user. If you do not know who your department's authorized user is, please contact Facilities Services at (212) 650-8689.
Major Emergency Response
Provide repair for damage due to emergencies and restore critical utilities (electricity, water, heating, sewage, ventilation and air condition).
Request for emergency response should be directed to our 24/hour Office of Public Safety (212) 650-7777 or 6911.