College Assistant Job Description
General Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration.
There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned as needed. Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.
General Work Tasks
Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records, operate office machines (such as copiers), sort and distribute mail, issue keys and identity cards, act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
- Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials.
- Acts as cashier.
- Assists in statistical or research activities. May collect and compile data, code data for computer entry, perform data entry, and run computer reports.
- Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
- Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
- Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories and schedules.
- May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.