Web Community FAQ
Many UIS faculty, staff, and students are involved in creating and maintaining official department websites.
- If you need a new department website please see the information on our Websites page.
- If you need permission to edit an existing department website please contact your Web Liaison for approval.*
- To help us accommodate your web and multimedia requests, we’ve created a short web-based request form. We appreciate your using this form when you need help from Web Services.
- Please see our Project Status page (available on-campus or via VPN only) to monitor the progress of our production projects.
- If you have a photo to submit for possible use on the campus home page or in a printed publication, please see the guidelines for submission.
- Please see our Workshops schedule for dates of Brown Bags and other web help opportunities.
- For all general questions about policies and procedures related to UIS websites, refer to the UIS Campus Web Policy.
- For all technical support issues related to websites, start with a call or email to the Technology Support Center 217/206-6000, firstname.lastname@example.org
See the links at left for more information: our newsletter; recommendations related to web publishing; links to related UIS websites; and a list of external resources.
* The Office of Web Services cannot authorize access to department websites. All requests to become an Editor or Author of an official department website must be approved by the Web Liaisons.