Many units on the UIS campus support technology and related services.
Following is a list of units, with brief descriptions. Click on the unit’s name to visit their website.
- Information Technology Services – Oversees student computer labs and smart classrooms throughout the campus; provides computer lab and classroom audiovisual services, offers technology training for UIS staff and students, and operates web servers for Live Webcasts on the UIS website.Provides a wide range of networking and communications resources, including operation of the university network, telephone system, and technical support.The primary point of contact for technology questions, problems, and issues is the ITS Technology Support Center.
- Center for Online Learning, Research and Service (COLRS) – Directly supports faculty in the use of Internet and related technologies for the delivery of instruction. Provides Internet-delivered courses.
- Office of Web Services – Oversees the UIS Home Page and top level pages of the UIS Website; responsible for campus Web Policy, and assuring the standards of a high quality, marketing and service oriented World Wide Web presence.
- Bookstore – Offers computer software and accessories at academic rates.
- Brookens Library – Maintains many online databases for research. Most are available from off-campus, using your campus NetID.
- Center for Teaching and Learning – (CTL) Provides student academic support, faculty/instructional development, and technology training for UIS staff.
- Disability Services – (ODS) Provides accommodations for students with disabilities, as well as an Adaptive Technology Lab.
- Housing – All UIS residence hall rooms and campus apartments are networked with high-speed connections to the Internet.
- i-card – The identification card for UIS faculty, staff, and students; when cash value is added, it may be used for photocopiers and vending machines.
- Printing, Duplicating, and Publications Services – Operates photocopiers throughout campus, and provides volume printing and duplicating services.
- Office of Electronic Media – Maintains a fully equipped television production facility and provides student employment and assistantship opportunities.
- WUIS/WIPA Radio Station – Public radio station, affiliated with National Public Radio and Public Radio International.