Following is a list of units, with brief descriptions.
Information Technology Services
- oversees and provides services for computer labs and smart classrooms throughout the campus
- offers technology training for UIS staff and students
- operates web servers for Live Webcasts on the UIS website
- provides a wide range of networking and communications resources
- offers the primary point of contact for technology questions, problems, and issues: the ITS Technology Support Center.
Center for Online Learning, Research and Service (COLRS)
- directly supports faculty in the use of Internet and related technologies for the delivery of instruction
- provides Internet-delivered courses.
Office of Web Services
- oversees the UIS Home Page and top level pages of the UIS Website
- responsible for campus Web Policy, and assuring the standards of a high quality, marketing and service-oriented World Wide Web presence.
- Disability Services – (ODS) Provides accommodations for students with disabilities, as well as an Adaptive Technology Lab.
- Office of Electronic Media – Maintains a fully equipped television production facility and provides student employment and assistantship opportunities.
- WUIS/WIPA Radio Station – Public radio station, affiliated with National Public Radio and Public Radio International.