Forms & Policies
- Space Requests
- For Registering a Student Organization
- For Events and Activities
- For Funding Purposes
- Indoor Space Request Form. If you are planning an event or meeting on campus, we’d like to know about it. Fill out this form, and you can reserve a space for it. You can talk to your Student Life Liaison if you have any questions. This link will also lead departments and RAs to the proper form for reserving Student Life spaces.
For Registering a Student Organization:
- Student Organization Registration/Renewal Form (PDF). This is the form that new and renewing organizations must use to be considered for special benefits, such as the use of University facilities, opportunity of funding through SOFA, use of supplies in SOC, and much more.
- Student Organization Model Constitution (doc ). You can use this model to as a guide to develop your organization’s constitution.
- Student Organization Constitution Template (doc). This is another model you can use to design your constitution.
- Student Organization Handbook 2014-2015 This should answer most of your questions about student organizations. If you have any others, stop by the Student Life Office or the SOC.
- Advisor Resource Manual This is a guide for advisors of student organizations. It includes policies, procedures, and expectations for advisors and student organizations.
- Student Organization Storage Locker Applications (doc). Fill this out if your organization would like to reserve lockers for events
For Events and Activities:
- Policies and Procedures. Click here for more information on our policies. If you have questions, contact your Student Life liaison.
- Student Organization Program Planner (doc). Planning an event? Use this guide to aid you in planning your event!
- UIS Student Life Equipment Request Form. The SOC has equipment that you can use for your organization’s events.
- Liability Waiver (pdf). Fill out this form for each participant if your organization is planning an event off-campus or if you organization is hosting a higher risk level activity. See your Student Life Liaison for assistance in determining if this is required for your event.
- Travel Itinerary (pdf). Fill out this form and submit it with the Liability Waivers of each participant traveling.
- Button Template (doc). There is a button machine in the SOC that can be used for promotions (or just for fun). This link helps you design your button. Buttons are only 10 cents each.
- Request to Waive Catering. If you are having an event on campus and would like use someone other than the University’s catering services, you will need to submit this form and receive approval.
- Campus Services Request Form (pdf). If you would like to use the services of Printing and Duplicating, use this form to specify your needs.
- Contract Request Form
For Funding Purposes:
- Request for Reimbursement. If you would like to be reimbursed by your organization for expenses incurred for an event, you will need to complete this form.
- Contract Request Form . If you need to contract a vendor or performer, please complete this form and submit it to SLB 16 a minimum of 4 weeks in advance in order to allow time to process the contract fully.
- Request for Gift Card for Supplies or Equipment When time does not permit the Student Life staff to assist with on-sight purchases, a gift card may be purchased allowing you to purchase goods from a particular vendor. These Gift Cards must be used to purchase supplies or equipment for the event in accordance with all other University policies, and must fit with the given reason for the request for funds and/or the gift card. Please note: These forms are due no later than 5pm each Friday. They can be picked up the following Tuesday
- Request for Gift Card as Prize Please note: These forms are due no later than 5pm each Friday
- Request for Cash Box
- Restrictions on the use of Student Activity Fee Funds (doc). This link takes you to the guidelines of funding organization events.
- RSO Donation Solicitation Form For requesting donations from outside of the University
- SOFA request
- SOFA program report
- Student Conference Support Program Application In order to request funds to help offset the costs of attending a professional development conference or non-competitive educational opportunity, you will need to fill out and submit this application.