Students at Illinois Springfield Involvement in campus organizations is an important part of your complete educational experience at UIS.
Student organizations offer social, service, and professional opportunities for their members within the university and community. Membership can broaden acquaintances, develop leadership ability, build decision-making and problem-solving skills, and complement classroom instruction.
- To see a a current list of Registered Student Organizations with descriptions, websites, and contact information click here.
All organizations MUST renew their registration for 2015-2016 school year! Registration includes the following:
- Mandatory RSO Officer Training – You can check out the dates that are being offered here. Please stop by, email or call the SOC office at 206-4762 to schedule your organization’s orientation date.
- Register your organization on UISConnection. You will need the most recent copy of your organizations constitution, and to have completed the RSO Officer Training before registering online.
The Office of Student Life can assist you with the following:
- Starting an organization
- Program and event development
- Individual and group problem solving
- Leadership development
- Membership recruitment
- Fundraising suggestions
- Referrals to additional campus and community resources
- SOFA Requests and Reports
For more information, contact:
Mary Umbarger ,
Student Organizations and Leadership Coordinator
- Phone: (217) 206-4762