Students at Illinois Springfield Involvement in campus organizations is an important part of your complete educational experience at UIS.
Student organizations offer social, service, and professional opportunities for their members within the university and community. Membership can broaden acquaintances, develop leadership ability, build decision-making and problem-solving skills, and complement classroom instruction.
- Current list of Registered Student Organizations with descriptions, websites, and contact information
All organizations need to renew their registration for 2013-2014 school year! Registration includes the following:
- Registration Form (PDF)
-Mandatory Orientation/SOFA Workshops – You can check out the dates that are being offered here. Please stop by, email or call the SOC office at 206-4762 to schedule your organization’s orientation date.
-Up to Date Constitution (constitution example). The Constitution must must be current within the last five years
The Office of Student Life can assist you with the following:
- Starting an organization
- Program and event development
- Individual and group problem solving
- Leadership development, including a leadership resource library
- Membership recruitment
- Fundraising suggestions
- Referrals to additional campus and community resources
For more information, contact:
Mary Umbarger ,
Student Organizations and Leadership Coordinator
- Phone: (217) 206-4762