(newest items on top)
- June 28, 2006 – The four colleges at UIS, plus several other units and divisions, complete their own strategic plans. The executive summaries of these plans are submitted to U of I President Joe White.
- March 20, 2006 – Chancellor Ringeisen meets with students in Lincoln Residence Hall to announce the plan and to talk about it publicly for the first time.
- Spring 2006 – The four colleges at UIS and other units create their own strategic plans.
- January 20, 2006 – The Campus Senate endorses the plan’s major statements — Vision Statement, Mission Statement, Statement of Strategic Intent, Heritage Statement, and Values — and the plan’s six major goals.
- January 6, 2006 – Final version of the plan is submitted to B. Joseph White, U of I president, and shared with the UIS community.
November 2004 – December 2005 – UIS Strategic Planning Committee meets dozens of times and creates the plan. The process includes up to 20 drafts, with feedback from
faculty, staff, students and external constituents.