Fun Stuff: Screensavers, Mobile Content, Google Earth, and More!
Jump into the sandbox and play with some fun stuff created by the Office of Web Services.
Did you know UIS has an app for smartphones?
Included are news items, calendar, grades & schedules, directory, and more.
If you have a smartphone:
When you browse to the UIS website from a smartphone, a pop-up message allows you to choose to install the UIS Mobile app. Learn more about the UIS Mobile app.
If you have a basic cell phone:
If your cell phone has a basic web browser, go to the UIS website . At the top of the screen notice the link, “Mobile Site.” Click on the link to go to the text-based mobile site. This is helpful if you do not have a robust cell phone web browser.
Click on the Twitter or Facebook link for an image below. When you see the full image, right-click and save the image to your computer to use it as your Twitter Header Image or your Facebook Cover Photo.
1920×1200 UIS Flowers 1024×768
1920×1200 UIS TRAC 1024×768
1920×1200 UIS Ringroad 1024×768
1920×1200 UIS Sangamonauditorium 1024×768
1920×1200 UIS Colonnadeflowers 1024×768
1920×1200 UIS Auditoriumstage 1024×768
1920×1200 UIS Fall 1024×768
1920×1200 UIS Foundershall 1024×768
1920×1200 UIS Colonnade2 1024×768
- Click on the name of a building or location, or click on a marker to see information.
Do you use Google Earth?
Put campus buildings on Google Earth:
- Download and install the latest version of Google Earth.
- Download the Illinois Springfield campus buildings. (.zip file)
How to view Illinois Springfield campus buildings from the .zip file:
- Unzip the buildings file and save it to your desktop.
- Open Google Earth and choose File > Open
- Select the buildings folder on your desktop and choose Open.
- Allow the buildings to load for a few seconds, then zoom, scroll, rotate and fly around campus for your own personalized tour.
Want to put Illinois Springfield on your desktop?
Our screensaver features classic images from the people and places on campus.