Student Activities Committee 2013-2014
- Chair – Richard Prebil
- Vice-Chair of Finance & Co-Sponsorship – Kelsey Thompson
- Vice-Chair of Internal Affairs & Communication – Matt Dobill
- Vice-Chair, SGA Liaison – Samia Ahmad
- Advisors – Beth Nahlik, Associate Director of Student Life
Mary Umbarger, Student Organization & Leadership Coordinator
- Comedy – CheVaughn Starling
- Coffeehouse – Paige Heiser
- Education, Personal Growth and Diversity – Jamee Herriman & Zehra Ozkan Shahidi
- Film – Brandon Valerio
- Marketing – Tori Higgason & Natalie To
- Off-Campus & Travel – Kyle Noland
- Performance – Ashley Scott & Daniell Bennett
- Special Events – Katie Voyles
- Spirit – Brittany Carls
- Talent – Gella-Kate Meeks
- Traditions – Leanne Deak & Aretha Hughes
To contact any of the executive board or coordinators please send an email to the SAC Account. Put the coordinators name in the subject line for a faster response.
What do the coordinators do?
Each of the coordinators are responsible for the aspects of planning a SAC event. For example, the Coffeehouse Coordinator, with the assistance of our advisor, is responsible for hiring a performer, reserving a space for the event, setting up the sound system and lights, advertising for the event, and welcoming the performer to UIS! Each coordinator is expected to attend weekly meetings, serve 2 office hours a week and assist with SAC events throughout the semester.