Student Activities Committee 2013-2014
- Chair – Katie Voyles
- Vice-Chair of Finance & Co-Sponsorship – Kylie Gilmore
- Vice-Chair of Internal Affairs & Communication – CheVaughn Starling
- Vice-Chair, SGA Liaison – Makilah Alexandar
- Advisors – Beth Nahlik, Associate Director of Student Life
Mary Umbarger, Student Organization & Leadership Coordinator
- Comedy – Gella-Kate Meeks
- Coffeehouse – Alicia Bryant
- Education, Personal Growth and Diversity – Amanda Dickens
- Film – Blake Barnes
- Marketing – Jerica Griffin & Alicia Woodman
- Off-Campus & Travel – Marissa Farris
- Performance – LaShaun Bowling
- Special Events – Maureen Musuku
- Spirit – Natalie To
- Traditions – Nathan Piper & Aretha Hughes
To contact any of the executive board or coordinators please send an email to the SAC Account. Put the coordinators name in the subject line for a faster response.
What do the coordinators do?
Each of the coordinators are responsible for the aspects of planning a SAC event. For example, the Coffeehouse Coordinator, with the assistance of our advisor, is responsible for hiring a performer, reserving a space for the event, setting up the sound system and lights, advertising for the event, and welcoming the performer to UIS! Each coordinator is expected to attend weekly meetings, serve 2 office hours a week and assist with SAC events throughout the semester.