- Student Government Association
- Student Activities Committee (SAC)
- How to Get Involved
How to Get Involved in the Student Activities Committee
Top 5 Reasons to Join SAC
- Help choose events brought to campus
- Have opportunities to attend entertainment conferences across the country
- Gain experience in event planning, promotions, and leadership
- Work hands-on with students and entertainers from across the country
- Get to know some of the coolest people at UIS!!
Be involved as much or as little as you want! You can be a general member and help the coordinators with event set-up and clean-up or promote the events on campus. Another leadership opportunity is to serve as a Coordinator, where you would manage all aspects of the event. For example, the Coffeehouse Coordinator, with the assistance of the advisor, is responsible for hiring a performer, reserving a space for the event, setting up the sound system and lights, advertising for the event, and welcoming the performer to UIS!
SAC is currently not filling any of the coordinator positions. However, we are always looking for general members to help us out in any capacity that you are able – mostly helping Coordinators plan the events. Below are the complete descriptions for each of the Coordinator positions. Click on the links below to see what you could help with or become in the coming semesters or year.
- Coffeehouse Coordinator
- Comedy Coordinator
- Education, Personal Growth, and Diversity Coordinator
- Film Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator (2 positions)
- Performance Coordinator
- Off Campus and Travel with Commuter Student Outreach Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Spirit Coordinator
- Talent Coordinator
- Traditions Coordinator (2 positions)
For more information, talk to ANYONE in a lime green or bright yellow SAC shirt at any SAC event, attend a SAC meeting (every Sunday at 6pm), or email us!