Information for Parents
Welcome Parents and Families!
We hope you feel good about the investment you and your student made in choosing the University of Illinois Springfield.
About Residence Life
Contacting Residence Life
- Our Office Hours
- Contracts and Important Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Housing Options
- Important Dates
- Meet the Residence Life Staff
- Residency Requirement & Exemption Process – Did you know that all single freshmen and sophomore students under 21, not residing with parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and having earned fewer than 60 credit hours in two (2) full years after completing High School are required to live on the UIS campus?
- Virtual Tours
Arriving & Departing Campus
- Linens and Room Decor – Order online and help support the Resident Housing Association.
- Moving In & Moving Out
- Postal Addresses
Contacting Your Student
- FERPA – The Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act greatly impacts what can/cannot be shared with parents and guardians without authorization from the student.
- East Apartments: (217) 206-6190
- Founders Hall: (217) 206-8474
- Housing Commons: (217) 206-6190
- LRH (Lincoln Residence Hall): (217) 206-6200
- West Campus Townhouses: (217) 206-6190
Life on Campus
- About the University of Illinois Springfield
- Getting Around Springfield
- Leadership & Employment Opportunities
- Meal Plans and Campus Cash
- Parking on Campus
- Policies for Living on Campus can be found in the Community Handbook and the current Terms and Conditions
- Safety and Security at the University of Illinois Springfield
Additional Resources for College Student Parents & Guardians:
- “CLINK “ – Articles written for parents (pdf)
- Sign up to Visit UIS!
- Student Health 101 – More articles written for parents about health issues
- College Parents of America