Resident Assistant Application and Selection Process
Thank you for your interest in joining the Resident Assistant team!
Process begins on December 1!
Please see below for the application and selection process.
- Candidate Resource Packet 2015-2016 (pdf) – Contains important information on qualifications, application & interview timeline and learning activities form.
- Current RA Selection Timeline – Review all important deadlines and dates associated with the application and interview process.
- RA Application – Must be submitted by 11:59pm on 2/9/2015. When completing the RA Application, applicants must upload a personal statement and current resume.
- Interview Availability Questionnaire – Must be submitted online by 11:59 PM on 2/9/15.
References – Must be submitted online by 11:59 PM on 2/20/15, and must meet the following criteria:
- Solicit one reference from a current or past Resident Assistant (RA), mentor (L4L, CAP, Necessary Steps, STARS, student organization leader, etc)
- Solicit two additional professional references from a former supervisor, professor, teacher or other non-personal acquaintance.
- (Please note, applicants who submit falsified reference forms will be removed from consideration for the RA position.)
RA Information Session – Candidates must attend one of the RA Information sessions:
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 – 6:00-7:30 PM – Lincoln Residence Hall Great Room
- Thursday, January 29, 2015 – 8:00-9:30 PM – Lincoln Residence Hall Great Room
- Sunday, February 1, 2015 – 7:00-8:30 PM – Lincoln Residence Hall Great Room
- Monday, February 2, 2015 – 8:00-9:30 PM – Lincoln Residence Hall Great Room
- Tuesday,February 3, 2015 – 5:00-6:30 PM – Homer Butler Housing Commons
- Learning Activities Form – Must be submitted to Homer Butler Housing Commons by 5:00 PM on Friday, February 20, 2015.
Once the Department of Residence Life receives an RA Application, Interview Availability Questionnaire, three references as defined, and completed Learning Activities Form a candidate will be considered “active” for consideration.
Failure to complete any portion of the application or interview process according to the established deadlines may result in a candidate being withdrawn from consideration.
Please email Joshua Starks, Resident Director of Lincoln Residence Hall for questions about the process, or for any assistance that you may require.
Facebook Button Website