Resident Assistant Application and Selection Process
RA OPOLY BANNER
RAOpolyBoard-01 - Monopoly board themed to UIS and Residence Life Items
The Department of Residence Life Presents RA-Opoly: RA Selection 2016-2017
- Candidate Resource Packet 2016-2017 (pdf) – Contains important information on qualifications, application & interview timeline.
- Current RA Selection Timeline – Review all important deadlines and dates associated with the application and interview process.
- RA Application – Must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Monday, 2/8/2016. When completing the RA Application, applicants must upload a cover letter and current resume. Instructions: Students will need to create an account at CollegiateLink when applying.
- Schedule Your Individual Interview – Must be scheduled online no later than February 8, 2016 – Interviews will take place February 22-26, 2016.
References – Must be submitted online no later than 11:59pm on Friday, 2/12/16, and must meet the following criteria:
- Solicit one reference from a current or past Resident Assistant (RA), peer mentor (L4L, CAP, Necessary Steps, STARS, student organization leader, etc)
- Solicit one additional professional reference from previous employers, faculty, staff, or any other individual known through a professional capacity.
- (Please note, applicants who submit falsified reference forms will be removed from consideration for the RA position.
- RA Group Process Interview & Position Overview – Block off your calendar for Friday, February 19 from 4-6pm. All candidates must attend this meeting & interview event.
Once the Department of Residence Life receives an RA Application, Individual Interview Scheduling Request, two references as defined, and attends the Group Process Interview/Position Overview, a candidate will be considered “active” for consideration.
Failure to complete any portion of the application or interview process according to the established deadlines may result in a candidate being withdrawn from consideration.
Please email Joshua Starks, Resident Director of Lincoln Residence Hall for questions about the process, or for any assistance that you may require.