Gender Designation Change Information

A request to change your gender designation must be made in person at the appropriate office.

  • To request a change to your gender designation, you must present a certified copy of a court order or documentation from a health care professional indicating that a gender change is underway or has occurred.

If you have any questions, please contact Records by calling (217) 206-6709 or emailing