Joint Degree in MPH/MPA
The UIS Departments of Public Health and Public Administration have an articulation agreement that allows interested students to obtain a joint Master’s degree in Public Health and Public Administration (MPH/MPA).
Admission to the Joint Degree: MPH/MPA*
Students must apply to both programs to be eligible for the joint degree. All prerequisites of each program apply. Students who have been officially admitted into either program should discuss this option with their advisor.
Listed below are the specific courses required for the joint MPH/MPA degree.
Total joint degree credit hours: 68
MPH Foundation/Core (28)
MPA Foundation/ Core (20)MPH 503(4 Hrs.)
Biostatistics for the Health ProfessionaPAD 501 (4 Hrs.)
Introduction to the Profession
MPH 506 (4 Hrs.)
Community Health Research PAD 502 (4 Hrs.)
MPH 511 (4 Hrs.)
Foundations of Epidemiology Choose one elective:
- PAD 533 Program evaluation
- PAD 531 Public Policy Analysis
- PAD 553 Community Planning and Policy
Environmental and Occupational Health
MPH 531 (4 Hrs.)
Public Health Policy and Administration PAD 504 (4 Hrs.)
Budget and Finance
MPH 561 (4 Hrs.)
Community Health Education PAD 505 (4 Hrs.)
Human Resource Management
MPH 581 (4 Hrs.)
NOTE: MPH 449-Environmental Toxicology and MPH 527- Environmental Risk Assessment comprise eight of the elective hours for EH concentration majors.
MPA Electives (8)
Closure Exercise (NC) Comprehensive examination.
Closure Exercise (4 Hrs.) PAD 571-Capstone Closure
- Total MPH joint degree credit hours: 36
- Total MPA joint degree credit hours: 32
Our MPH-Environmental Health concentration is fully accredi EHAC Logo
ted by the National Environmental Science and Protection Accreditation Council.
* Students who were admitted before fall 2011 should consult the catalog requirements in place at the time of admission. Students who wish to update to the 2011-2012 catalog requirements must consult with their advisor.
Revised 24 Jan 2011