We will post information about available scholarships here, so please check often for postings.
- UIS MPH Evelyn N. Zimmerman Endowment Fund
- National Environmental Health Association
- American Public Health Association
National Environmental Health Association and American Association of Sanitarians Scholarship Opportunity
The purpose of the NEHA/AAS Scholarship program is to encourage early commitment by students to a career in EH and to stimulate past and present graduates to pursue postgraduate studies in EH sciences. The program offers financial assistance to individuals with a demonstrable need, and serves to introduce adequately trained professionals into the EH workforce.
Undergraduate– The undergraduate scholarships are available to students who are enrolled in an approved four-year college or university that is either accredited by the Environmental Health Accreditation Council (EHAC) or is a NEHA Educational or Sustaining Member School (Environmental Health Accreditation Council accredited colleges/universities and NEHA Educational and Sustaining Member Schools are listed on the back of this brochure). The undergraduate scholarship is to be used toward the tuition and fees associated with either the junior or senior year of college studies. Must have at least one full year, (fall and spring semester) of coursework remaining to be eligible for these scholarships.
Graduate– The graduate scholarship is available to those students or career professionals who are enrolled in a graduate program at a recognized college or university with a declared curriculum in EH sciences. The graduate scholarship is to be used toward tuition and fees associated with graduate studies. Must have at least one full year, (fall and spring semester) of coursework remaining to be eligible for this scholarship.
Application with original documentation must be received in the NEHA office by February 1, 2016. Scholarships will be awarded at the NEHA Annual Educational Conference and Exhibition each June/July. The scholarship will be paid directly to the recipients college or university.
Submit Application to:
720 S. Colorado Blvd., Ste. 1000-N
Denver, CO 80246-1926
Contact: Cindy Dimmitt
NEHA Scholarship Liaison
Phone: 303-756-9090, ext. 309
Useful Web Sites
- DHS – Illinois Department of Human Services
- EHAC – Environmental Health Accreditation Council
- IDPH – Illinois Department of Public Health
- IEPA – Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- IPHA – Illinois Public Health Association
- IEHA – Illinois Environmental Health Association
- AAAS – American Association for the Advancement of Science
- AAHE American Association for Health Educators
- APHA – American Public Health Association
- CDC – Centers for Disease Prevention and Control
- EHAC – National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council
- HHS – US Department of Health and Human Services
- NAWHO – National Asian Women’s Health Organization
- NEHA – National Environmental Health Association
- NIH – US National Institutes of Health
- WHO – World Health Organization