- Choose a Major
- Department of Public Administration
- Honor Society - Public Administration
Honor Society – Public Administration
Pi Alpha Alpha
UIS h clip_image001 as established a chapter of the national public administration honor society—Pi Alpha Alpha. Membership initiation dues are $50.00, which includes a membership certificate and pin. Members can wear honor society awards at graduation. Interested? Read to see if you have what it takes to be a member!
Membership in PAA is limited to persons who demonstrate academic achievement in public affairs and administration program in NASPAA member schools and/or outstanding public service, and who fall within the following classes: student, alumni, faculty and honorary. All memberships are national memberships with a local chapter affiliation. All categories of membership enjoy the same rights and privileges.
The categories of membership are:
Masters Degree Student Memberships – Students may be inducted from among the master’s degree students in the department, institute, or school wherever the Pi Alpha Alpha chapter membership is based provided:
1. They have maintained a GPA of at least 3.7. A chapter may set higher GPA requirements if it chooses.
2. Master degree students must have completed at least fifty percent (50%) of the required course work (a minimum of 20 semester hours or 27 quarter hours). A chapter may set a higher percent of completion if it chooses.
Doctoral Students – Doctoral students who meet the requirements for Pi Alpha Alpha masters degree student membership or who have completed all the requirements for the MPA or its equivalent, may be inducted without restriction as to number.
- Eligible students should submit honor society membership applications and checks when requested by the department (usually mid-spring). If you meet enrollment qualifications and would like to join, the membership application is here. Checks should be made out to University of Illinois at Springfield and applications and checks may be given to Gael Carnes in PAC 420.
- The chapter constitution is here.
- More information is available at the national organization’s Web site.
- See the national PAA Facebook page.