- Choose a Major
- Department of Public Administration
- Grad Certificate in Public Sector Labor Relations
Grad Certificate in Public Sector Labor Relations
Intended for professionals in the field of public sector labor relations, for those in public sector human resources management who wish to upgrade their skills in labor relations, or for those who are beginning their careers and wish to prepare for a career working in or with public sector labor relations, this certificate provides essential knowledge held in high esteem by employers seeking to take advantage of that most valuable resource, the human resource.
Please note that transfer credits can’t be used for certificates.
Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Public Sector Labor Relations:
- PAD 509 – Workplace Democracy – 4 credits
- PAD 568 – Labor Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- PAD 590 – Government Regulation and Admin Law (Will need petition until a catalog change.)
- PAD 511 – Collective Bargaining – 4 credits
Note: To qualify for the Public Sector Labor Relations Certificate, students must earn a grade of B or better (a B- does not qualify) in each of the classes.
Important: Students, who seek to earn a certificate while also working on their MPA degree, must enter on initial application to the university that they are seeking the MPA and the PSLR, or if currently enrolled, they must file a change of curriculum form to list the MPA and the certificate they are striving for.