Center for First Year Students staff interact with students
- Help students establish and fulfill their academic, career, personal, and social objectives by providing a variety of academic services publicly and online.
- Develop, support, and help implement University-wide learning initiatives, especially in the area involving retention, at-risk student populations, and students on probation.
- Conduct outreach efforts to enhance the learning environment, including student workshops, presentations in University housing, and UNI 101.
- Serve as a comfortable and continuous contact with incoming and current students of all ethnic backgrounds.
- Provide an atmosphere for academic eligibility and achievement.
- Serve to help students with disabilities become acclimated to the UIS campus and assist them as they transition through various stages of their educational and social development.
- Prepare, equip, and assist students for joys and hardships of college life.
- Connect students to the Springfield community and the wide opportunities it has to offer.