Musical ensembles and music courses at UIS are open to all students, faculty, staff AND community members. Click on a link below to learn more.
UIS Music Ensembles:
- MUS 111 – Fundamentals of Music Theory
- MUS 121 – Introduction to Western Art Music
- MUS 131 – Beginning Class Guitar
- MUS 133 – Beginning Class Piana
- MUS 151 – Arts and Identity of Japan and the United States
- MUS 181 – Introduction to Music Technology
- MUS 191 – Musics of the World
- MUS 239 – Black Music in American Culture
- MUS 281 – Music, Technology, and Culture
- MUS 319 – Music and Social Justice (ECCE)
- MUS 335 – Jazz in American Culture
- MUS 380 – Topics in Music
- MUS 419 – American Musics (ECCE)
- MUS 499 – Tutorial
Please Note: If you are not currently a UIS student but would like to earn credit for any UIS Music Ensemble or course you may do so as a non-degree-seeking student paying regular course tuition and fees. Community members wishing to participate in UIS Music ensembles need not register for credit.
UISMusic Additional Music Opportunities
Affiliated musical organizations and on-campus music activities at UIS are open to all students, faculty, staff AND community members. Click on a link below to learn more.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.