What You Can Do With This Degree
Our goal is to prepare students with the mathematical tools necessary for careers in technical fields by emphasizing the relevance of mathematics to their career area.
Student in Mathematical Sciences The Bachelor of Arts in Mathematical Sciences is designed to prepare students for careers using mathematics, operations research, and statistics. This education is extremely valuable for careers in any of the following:
Georgetown University has recently published a survey on degrees and salaries, titled What’s it Worth? The degree category of computer science and mathematics is second (after engineering) in the list, with a median income for full-time employees of $70,000.
Because many public and private sector positions require a master’s degree or Ph.D., the B.A. degree also prepares students for graduate study in Mathematical Sciences or related areas like statistics, bio-statistics, mathematical biology, and industrial and applied mathematics.
- Recent employers include, but are not limited to:
- Horace Mann Educational Solutions, Inc.
- Illinois Department of Insurance
- Lockheed Martin
- Michigan State University
- Springfield School District #186
- IBM Global Service, Hong Kong
- Federal Highway Administration
- Oracle, Inc. Software
- John Deere Life Insurance Co.
- National Computer Systems Pearson
For additional opportunities, visit: