TCN Visa Applications at Posts in Mexico
All Posts in Mexico Now Process TCNs: Third Country Nationals residing in the United States who wish to apply for a visa in Mexico may make their interview appointment at any of the ten posts comprising Mission Mexico online or by phone at 1-900-476-1212.
Who Can Apply in Mexico:
- Applicants seeking to renew their visa in any category, except B1/B2 (pleasure/business), if the initial visa was issued in the applicant’s home country. [Note: Apparently those who received their initial visa at a border post in Mexico will also be eligible].
Who Cannot Apply in Mexico:
- Applicants who entered the U.S. with a visa issued in their home country, changed status with the Department of Homeland Security in the U.S., and seek a new visa in a new visa category.
- Applicants who entered the U.S in one visa category and are seeking to re-enter the U.S. in a different visa category.
- Applications for B1/B2 visas, including renewals, are not accepted from Third Country Nationals who are not residing in Mexico.
- Applicants who have been out of status in the U.S., having violated the terms of their visas or having overstayed the validity indicated on their I-94 forms.
- Applicants who entered the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program.
- Applicants who obtained their current visa in a country other than that of their legal residence.
PLEASE NOTE: If you were informed when you obtained the original visa in your home country that you are subject to National Security Entry Exit Registrations (NSEERs) or are a national of North Korea, Cuba, Syria, Sudanor Iran, you are not eligible to renew your visa in Mexico.
Hands supporting globe