- Not clicking on unsolicited popups
- Not clicking on interactive banner ads
- Saying no to any unsolicited install prompts
- Avoiding “questionable” websites
- Not installing the following programs:
- Internet Explorer Toolbars
- Search Assistants
However, should your computer become infected with spyware, there are a couple of ways to get rid of it. Campus Technology Services recommends two such programs: Ad-Aware SE, and Spybot – Search and Destroy. See the FAQ page for for instructions on how to use these two programs.