my.UIS ITS is excited to launch my.UIS, a customizable, central location for many university applications and UIS-specific web page links you use every day.
A revolutionary tool, this portal allows you to create a space with the information you most need and want in a single location. You’ll choose the content: Register for classes, check your e-mail, find your i-Card balance, log into Blackboard, access your files on eDocs, enter grades, view class rosters, check the calendar of UIS events, and much more.
Tabs at the top of the my.UIS website will display different information for different people, depending on your role at the university.
One of the best features of my.UIS is Single Sign-On. Once you log in, you can go to the applications you need without logging in again.
my.UIS Upgrade Features
my.UIS has been upgraded to include features allowing for greater flexibility and easier use. Key new features include:Faster Customization (no longer requires switching to the EDIT mode):
- Add content – A searchable popup window allows searching or browsing for content to add to the layout.
- Page layout – Choose 1, 2, 3, or 4 columns of varying widths.
- Select Skin – The user can select a skin (similar to a theme). Currently choose between the UIS skin and the U of I three campuses skin.
- Add Page – Add a page to the selected tab.
Drag and Drop my.UIS
- Portlet Drag and Drop: There is no need to switch into edit mode to rearrange portlets on a page. Simply drag and drop to restructure the page.
Site Map my.UIS
- A site map is now available which provides a list of links to all Tabs, Pages, and Portlets in a hierarchical order – allowing users one-click access to any Tab, Page, or Portlet as well as a catalog of all available content.
Site Map my.uisNavigation Enhancements
- List of Portlets: There is now a comprehensive list of all the portlets on a page. Maximize a portlet by clicking on the name of the portlet.
- Flyout Menus: A flyout menu becomes available when hovering over a page name.
- Scroll Bars: Replacing the ‘Show More’ link, users can now scroll to see all items in a portlet.
- Bookmarks: Organize bookmarks into folders and subfolders for easier navigation.
- Search Utility: Available in the header, users can search common search engines, or information gathering sites such as Google, Yahoo, and Wikipedia.
Tech Support and Suggestions
- If you have technical trouble with the portal please contact Kara McElwrath at 217.206.8237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a comment or suggestion about the portal please submit a feedback form.
Workshops [held in BRK 141A]
my.UIS Workshop Videos
- Introduction to my.UIS [8 minutes]
IE Security Warning: When viewing the portal with Internet Explorer you may receive a Security Warning box when you have content, from RSS feeds, that does not come from a secure site. This is okay. To continue viewing the portal, click No and the page will continue to load. To disable this warning on the computer you are using, do the following:
- In Internet Explorer click the Tools menu then select Internet Optioins, this will open the Internet Options window
- Click the Security tab, then click the Custom Level… button,
the Security Settings – Internet Zone window will open
- In the center pane scroll down to the Miscellaneous Settings section then find the Display mixed content option
- Select Enable then click OK to close the Security Settings window then click OK again to close the Internet Options window
- This Security Warning is now disabled
Login Time-out Period: You will be automaitcally logged out if the portal sits idle for more than one hour.