UIS students on campus
Welcome. The UIS Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan provides worldwide coverage for our students. Dependents are also eligible for coverage at an additional cost.
Please visit uis.myahpcare.com to see the brochure for detailed information about the student insurance plan or to look for in-network providers.
Please Note: Students enrolled in only online courses are not eligible for student insurance.
THE WAIVER FOR FALL 2014 SEMESTER IS NOW AVAILABLE. PLEASE WATCH YOUR EMAIL AND REMEMBER TO COMPLETE YOUR WAIVER BEFORE SEPTEMBER 26TH.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Exemption forms beginning with the Fall 2014 semester will be done online through a website provided by the new Student Insurance provider, Academic HealthPlans. All UIS students will need to file their waiver annually. If you have had a waiver on file for the 2013-2014 academic year, you will need to complete updated waiver online for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Once the Office of Student Insurance informs the campus that the waiver for the academic year 2014-2015 is online and live, students should be able to login. Keep in mind that UIS must first send your student data to Academic HealthPlans for upload into their system. If you experience difficulty logging in please attempt again at a later time as your data may have not yet been sent, but prior to the posted deadline of September 26, 2014.
Online Insurance Waiver Process:
- Have insurance card and school ID# (Banner UIN) ready, and follow on-screen instructions to complete the waiver.
- Use link below to access Academic HealthPlans and click “waive online” in the Enrollment column
- Enter your Banner UIN as the Student ID information, using your Birthdate as the Password, format MMDDYYYY.
- Confirmation of insurance verification will be sent to you by email from Academic HealthPlans. Please take note if additional information is requested in order to approve your waiver.
Student Health Insurance Fees per semester for the 2014-2015 School Year
Fall Semester (August 16th, 2014 through January 9th, 2015): $410
Spring Semester (January 10th through May 31st, 2015): $410
Summer Semester (June 1st through August 15th, 2015): $225
Exemption Deadline for Fall Semester: September 26th, 2014 (absolute deadline).
The Fall 2014 waiver process will not be available until mid to late August. If your UIN isn’t accepted upon your first attempt to waive the insurance coverage, please try the system again at a later time. If you experience difficulties, please contact the plan administrators or AHP to help resolve your issues. NOTE: Although the waiver may be available to complete on the AHP website, your enrollment information may not be updated until a later point. Enrollment information is updated as it is received from student accounts and registration.
Student Health Plan Coverage Dates
- Spring semester coverage dates: January 10 – May 31
- Summer semester coverage dates: June 1 – August 15
- Fall semester coverage dates: August 16 – January 9
UIS Student Insurance
Human Resources Officer
Amy M. Gurnitz
Human Resources Representative