UIS students on campus Welcome. The UIS Student Insurance Plan is an affordable, high-quality insurance program, designed to meet the needs of our students. Any student taking ANY on campus or blended classes is automatically enrolled in student insurance and assessed a fee, with optional coverage for dependents.
Please be aware that if you already have insurance through another provider, you must complete a waiver. Please see the waiver section below for more details.
Please Note: Students enrolled in only online courses are not eligible for student insurance.
Please visit uis.myahpcare.com to see the brochure for detailed information about the student insurance plan or to look for in-network providers.
THE DEADLINE TO COMPLETE YOUR WAIVER IS JUNE 15th, 2015. THE WAIVER HAS NOW CLOSED FOR SUMMER TERM. THE WAIVER FOR FALL TERM WILL NOT BE OPEN IN UNTIL AUGUST. PLEASE WATCH FOR ADDITIONAL NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS TO COME.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Exemption forms beginning with the Fall 2015 semester will be done online through a website provided by the new Student Insurance provider, Academic HealthPlans. All UIS students will need to file their waiver annually. If you have had a waiver on file for the 2014-2015 academic year, you will need to complete updated waiver online for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Once the Office of Student Insurance informs the campus that the waiver for the academic year 2015-2016 is online and live, students should be able to login. Keep in mind that UIS must first send your student data to Academic HealthPlans for upload into their system. If you experience difficulty logging in, please attempt again at a later time as your data may have not yet been sent, but prior to the posted deadline of SEPTEMBER 25TH, 2015.
Online Insurance Waiver Process:
- Have insurance card and school ID# (Banner UIN) ready, and follow on-screen instructions to complete the waiver.
- Use link below to access Academic HealthPlans and click “waive online” in the Enrollment column
- Enter your Banner UIN as the Student ID information, using your Birthdate as the Password, format MMDDYYYY.
- A clear photo upload of your insurance card FRONT and BACK is required in order to process and approve your waiver. Waivers submitted missing this key component of data will be denied.
- A confirmation email indicating that your waiver has been received by Academic Health Plans will be sent to you. If any additional information is required in order for Academic Health Plans to process or approve your waiver, they will let you know by email. Please take note of this and do not ignore correspondence from Academic Health Plans or Student Insurance!
Click here for Academic HealthPlans information and online waiver form. If you are having difficulties accessing this link, please use alternate link https://uis.myahpcare.com/waiver.
Student Health Insurance Fees per semester for the 2015-2016 School Year
Fall Semester (August 16th, 2015 through January 9th, 2016)
Spring Semester (January 10th through May 31st, 2016): $495
Summer Semester (June 1st through August 15th, 2016): $278
Student Health Plan Coverage Dates
- Fall semester coverage dates: August 16 – January 9
- Spring semester coverage dates: January 10 – May 31
- Summer semester coverage dates: June 1 – August 15
UIS Student Insurance
Amy M. Gurnitz
Human Resources Representative
The deadline to submit an Appeal for Summer 2015 is Tuesday, June 30th, 2015