The Performance Evaluation process at UIS is designed to encourage communication between employees and their supervisors.
The program focuses on year-round coaching by supervisors, culminating in a formal annual evaluation. Evaluations are required for all current employees, including those hired during the evaluation period. The evaluation period is April 1 through March 31.
Completed and signed Employee Performance Evaluation forms are due in the Office of Human Resources on or before June 7, 2013.
Employee self evaluation forms are highly encouraged and recommended. Self-evaluation forms should be submitted to the immediate supervisor for interdepartmental use only.
Performance reviews for Faculty, Academic Professional, and Open Range Civil Service staff are a factor in determining employee compensation under University policies related to merit-based salary programs.
Performance Evaluation Training Workshops for supervisors are available as follows:
Workshops were held in April 2013. Details for new dates for 2014 will be posted here when known.
- Links to register to attend one of the workshops will be updated here when available.
For Employees & Supervisors:
- Yearly Employee Official Performance Evaluation Form (for Supervisors)
- Yearly Employee Performance Self-Evaluation Form ( for Employees)
- 6 Month Probationary Period Employee Evaluation (3 and 6 month form)
- 12 Month Probationary Period Employee Evaluation (6 and 12 month form)
- Evaluation Instructions and Checklist
- Official Job Description forms (be sure to include current date)
- Optional Employee Worksheet
- Supervisor Nomination of Employee for “Outstanding” Performance
- UIS Performance Evaluation Handbook