Skip to Main Content
Health Services University of Illinois Springfield
As a patient you have the right to:
- Receive considerate and respectful care.
- Receive private and confidential care.
- Know who is responsible for coordinating your care.
- Ask for and receive complete and understandable information about your condition and care.
- Participate in decisions regarding your care.
- Refuse treatment.
- Access your medical record.
- Receive an explanation of your bill.
- Exercise your cultural and spiritual beliefs.
- Voice concerns to administration or medical staff without fear of reprisals or discrimination.
As a patient you have the responsibility to:
- Provide complete and accurate medical and insurance information.
- Ask questions when you are in doubt.
- Communicate changes in your health and/or condition to your care givers.
- Pay your medical bills promptly.
- Follow your health care provider’s instructions or discuss with them any obstacles you may have in complying with your prescribed treatment plan.
- Accept responsibility for refusing treatment or not following your treatment plan.
- Show consideration for others around you, including other patients and staff.
- Follow all policies affecting patient conduct and care.
- To submit your paid receipts to your personal insurance provider.
University of Illinois Springfield
One University Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407
- © 2013 University of Illinois Springfield