Skip to main content
- Student's Rights and Responsibility
Student’s Rights and Responsibility
You have the right to:
- Be advised of what financial aid programs are available and how to apply for them.
- Be advised of requirements in the case of withdrawal, refunds and repayment of financial aid.
- Have all application information treated with the highest professional confidentiality.
- Be advised of the procedures and deadlines for submitting application(s) for financial aid.
- Be advised of the selection criteria for financial aid recipients.
- Be advised of how and when financial aid funds are disbursed.
- Request a review of your aid package if you believe a mistake has been made or if your enrollment status or family and/or financial circumstances have changed.
- Be advised of how the school determines whether you are making satisfactory progress for financial aid, and what happens if you are not.
- Be advised of campus security and crime statistics.
You have the responsibility to:
- Establish plans to meet your educational and living expenses.
- Apply for financial aid early if you need financial assistance.
- Only take classes required to complete degree requirements in your specified program of study
- Submit all forms required to complete the application process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Read, understand and retain copies of all information and/or forms that are sent to you, or that you must sign.
- Keep UIS informed of any changes of address, name or marital status while you are a student and until all loans have been repaid in full.
- Notify the Office of Financial Assistance of all sources of funds you receive that are not already showing on your Award Letter.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Satisfactorily perform any work assignments accepted through student employment programs.
University of Illinois Springfield
One University Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407
- © 2015 University of Illinois Springfield
Connect with us: