- Choose a Major
- English as a Second Language
- Intensive English Program (IEP)
We know that the classroom is not the only place to improve your English. Participation in social activities will improve your conversational skills, and help you be more comfortable in your new home.
Students in Foundations, Levels 1 and 2 can join the Conversation Club, a weekly event where a group gets together to chat. Students in Levels 3, 4, and 5 may be paired with a native English speaker through the Conversation Partner Program.
All campus facilities and events are open to IEP students. You can:
- Use the TRAC, library, and media labs
- Attend UIS lectures, films, concerts, and art openings
- Join any number of our 70+ student organizations
- Participate in intramural sports and other campus-wide events
- Watch television or play video games at Stars Lounge
If you are looking for off-campus adventure, you can discover the city of Springfield by touring the state capital, exploring the President Abraham Lincoln sites, wandering through the Dana-Thomas House built by world-renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright, or hiking in one of several regional state parks.