Intensive English Program
- General Information
The Intensive English Program (IEP) at UIS is designed to give non-native speakers the language skills they need at an American university or in English-speaking professional environments.
View a UIS IEP e-brochure
or download a PDF in 普通话
- 6 levels: Foundations-1-2-3-4-5
- 5 start dates: Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, and Summer
- 8-week sessions during the academic year (August through May); 6-week Summer session
- 20–25 hours of instruction per week
- on-campus activities and off-campus field trips to enhance your American cultural experience
- program mentors to help you build confidence socially
- smooth transition to UIS degree programs*
*International undergraduates accepted into the IEP may be eligible for conditional acceptance to UIS. You can improve your English language skills while working on a degree!