Meet our Faculty: Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis Ethan Lewis
Associate Professor of English
Ph.D. English, Boston College
Phone: (217) 206-7436
Office: UHB 3068
Teaching Concentration: Shakespeare, seventeenth-century literature, modern and contemporary poetry.
Courses: The Shakespeare Project; Six Contemporary Poets; seminars on Metaphysical Poetry, Seventeenth-Century Prose, Milton and Bunyan, Auden and Eliot, Borges, Pope and the Couplet; Literary Study and Research; Capstone to Literary Study; Graduate Colloquium.
- Co-author with Robert Kuhn McGregor of Conundrums for the Long Weekend: England, Lord Peter Wimsey, and Dorothy L. Sayers (Kent, 2000), winner of The Edgar Award
- Multiple appearances in Paideuma, South Dakota Review, Spring
- University of Mississippi Studies in English; manuscript completed, Modernist Image: Imagist Technique in the Work of Pound and Eliot; essay collections on Modernism and Shakespeare, respectively.
Presentations delivered at the following:
- The American Literature Association and Twentieth Century Literature Conference
- National Poetry Foundation
- Society for the Study of Midwestern Literature.
Dr. Lewis was a 1996 recipient of the University of Illinois Scholar Award.