Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon
The floodplain restoration at the Emiquon Preserve provides exciting scientific opportunities for researchers and valuable learning experiences for students. Additionally, the quiet and scenic setting offers artists and writers an inspiring get-away. The Therkildsen Field Station (TFSE) provides logistical support for these endeavors with laboratory and classroom space, as well as equipment and housing.
- How do I arrange to stay at the TFSE? For information and to submit a request go to our page for visitors.
- I’m a UIS student, is there any funding to support a project at the TFSE? Visit our student grants page.
- I would like to support research at the TFSE, how can I make a donation? Thank you! You’ll find what you need on our support the TFSE page.
News & Notes:
- Mark your calendars! The 10th Annual Emiquon Science Symposium will be May 18-19, 2016. More details to follow.
- The 16th Annual Eagle Day Festival will be Saturday February 6, 2016. A number of activities will be available throughout the Emiquon area.
To stay up-to-date, check back here often or see what is going on at our Facebook page.