Prospective Students: Overview
The Quad at Night The Office of Disability Services provides accommodations for any disability, most importantly, any functional limitations of your disability.
All prospective or new students must:
- Once you are admitted to UIS, contact the Office of Disability Services to discuss your disability and needs.
- Schedule an initial interview with a specialist to register with the Office of Disability Services. Complete
paperwork (application, confidentiality agreement, release of information forms, etc.) during initial appointment.
- Complete an ODS application for services
- Complete a Release of Information form
- Provide documentation of your disability that meets UIS criteria for obtaining disability related academic
accommodations. Read more about disability documentation criteria
- Request accommodations for your classes during the first two weeks of the semester
- Hand deliver letters of accommodation and verbally discuss those accommodations with each of your professors.
- Review the ODS Student Resource Manual
- See online degree programs
- Frequently Asked Questions By Parents of Students With Disabilities