Here for the University
Here in the Office of Development, our goal is to match donors with programs they want to support. We do this through:
For this, our gift officers contact potential donors including individuals, foundations, and corporations to assess interest, and then we offer options for programs that match the donor’s interest. We know about the programs at UIS and can lead you to the one that interests you. We also know about the different ways that donors can make gifts–bequests, annuities, and other ways–and the best way to capitalizie on the tax benefits of giving.
Each year, hundreds of people give to UIS as part of our annual giving campaigns.
- We hold events that bring donors together for information, inspiration, and some good old-fashioned fun.
- Through letters and emails, we share stories of students and programs at UIS which we hope will inspire giving.
- We also send out letters targeted to certain interest groups—UIS’ Women’s Center, athletic scholarships, and MSS, our program that prepares students of diversity to become teachers.
You’re an important part of everything we do, and we want to work with you. Please remember that you can decide exactly how often you want us to contact you about possible giving options and about what programs. You can also decide for yourself how much you want to give—
Your interest. Your choice!
We help the financial aid office coordinate over 100 scholarships, making sure that our donors’ wishes are honored and that qualified students benefit. Scholarships are a sure investment in the future.
Change a life. Change the world.
At UIS, thanks to a close relationship with professors and a dedicated, deeply invested educational community, donors can create lasting change through their scholarship giving.
Gifts to the university are processed through our office in partnership with the University of Illinois Foundation. ( Read more about the partnership with UIF) This includes making sure that your gifts get sent to the fund you requested and that you get all the tax benefits you deserve.
We want to make sure that you have all the information you want about the university and about giving opportunities, so we prepare materials, keep our website updated, and do whatever else we can to keep you connected and aware of all the wonderful things happening at UIS. Often, especially for foundations and corporations but also for individual donors, this includes writing proposals that detail how a gift will be used. We want to be completely responsive to your desires. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us using the question box at left.
Your gifts are greatly appreciated. One of our favorite parts of our day is thanking you and other donors.
- You start the ripple that leads to better academics, enrichment opportunities, and improved opportunities.
- You make a difference in our community and our world.
- You create Brilliant Futures.