Above: Morgan Diffenderfer presents her work on the effects of herbivory on three species native to Emiquon at the 2012 UIS Student Technology Arts & Research Symposium.
An Annual Celebration of Students’ Scholarly Inquiry and Creative Endeavors
On Thursday, April 1 and Friday, April 2, UIS students will be presenting their research and arts projects.
Please consider making a gift in support this important event, which allows students to showcase the work they have done in collaboration with UIS faculty. You can use the Donate button to make a gift to the Undergraduate Student Research Fund; feel free to add a note under Special Instructions if you would like your gift to support specifically the StARS Symposium.
Some of the Events at the 2014 StARS
- Alchemist Review kickoff: For 30 years, students have been contributing their literary fiction, poetry, and visual arts to the Alchemist Review.
- UIS Theatre production, Awake and Sing, on both Thursday and Friday evenings.
- Keynote presentation by Ryan Ewing, assistant professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Alabama. Dr. Ewing is currently exploring the surface of Mars with the NASA Curiosity Team.
- Keynote presentation by poet Mary Jo Bang, author of six books; Elegy received the National Book Critics Circle Award
- Luncheon presentation by Chancellor Susan J. Koch
- Oral presentations, and posters, music and art
- An awards ceremony and ice cream social on Friday afternoon.
All Are Welcome
We invite the community to attend the presentations. Please visit the StARS website for more information.