A Special Opportunity to Make an Immediate Difference
On Sunday, April 27, the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater will be coming to Sangamon Auditorium. You can work with us to bring 50 mentors and students from the Springfield Public Schools mentoring program to the Ailey performance.
At the end of each year, Springfield Public Schools hosts an end-of-year dinner for students and their mentors. This year, Donna Treadwell, coordinator of volunteers, decided to arrange for the mentors and students to attend the Ailey performance instead.
“Some of these children never leave their neighborhood, go out to eat or do things that we take for granted,” says Ms. Treadwell. “The majority have not had an opportunity to experience the arts—whether dance, opera, or theater.”
Will you work with us to bring about this special event? Springfield Public Schools is applying the cost of the annual dinner to the event, but an additional $2000 is needed to pay the remainder of the cost. Please make a gift today.
Make a Difference for the Patrons of Sangamon Auditorium
Your gift in any amount to the funds below provide support to the many community members–young and older–who enjoy, learn from, and are inspired by the Auditorium’s programs. Use the Donate buttons below to make a gift online.
- Auditorium Endowment Fund
- Friends of Sangamon Auditorium
- Performing Arts Sponsorship Fund
- Sangamon Auditorium Fund
- Sangamon Auditorium Angel Tickets Fund
- Sangamon Auditorium Special Projects Fund
- Hazel Dell Class Acts Fund
- Helen Hamilton Performing Arts Endowment for Youth Fund
- Staley Class Acts Sangamon Auditorium Fund
The Sangamon Auditorium has nine targeted funds. You can give as much or as little as you would like to these funds, and you can give online or by mail.
Auditorium Endowment Fund
Because the above fund is endowed, your gifts to either fund will never be spent; instead, interest from your gifts will provide income to the Auditorium in the future.
Friends of Sangamon Auditorium
We invite you to express your enthusiasm for the arts by joining an outstanding group of individuals– the Friends of Sangamon Auditorium. By becoming a Friend, you will help guarantee the continuation of quality arts and entertainment programs for the Springfield community and surrounding areas, setting the stage for future generations to enjoy high quality and world-renowned performances that explore, educate and entertain.
Performing Arts Sponsorships Fund
Sangamon Auditorium Fund
This is our most versatile fund. Your gifts here will be especially powerful. Some of the ways we will use your gifts:
- Sustaining the Auditorium’s varied and culturally enriching programming
- Audience development: Also development of new works, maintaining and improving the Studio Theatre, and endow the Auditorium stage
- Development of new works: Also development of new works, maintaining and improving the Studio Theatre, and endow the Auditorium stage
- Maintaining and improving the Studio Theatre (our smaller, more intimate venue)
- Creating connections to UIS’ academic programs
If you are particularly interested in one of the uses listed above, feel free to include a note with your gift or in the Comment Box if you are giving online; we will be happy to honor your intention.
Sangamon Auditorium Angel Tickets Fund
The Angel Ticket Program of Sangamon Auditorium exists to provide complimentary performance tickets to adults whose financial and/or social situation would otherwise prohibit them from experiencing live performances of the performing arts by national and international touring artists. Tickets are granted to the clients of eligible non-profit human-service organizations.
Sangamon Auditorium Special Projects
Gifts to this fund help maintain Sangamon Auditorium as an outstanding venue for high-quality entertainment.
A few examples of gifts to this fund help the auditorium include:
- $100 can be used to purchase replacements for stage lights;
- $250 can help upgrade the sound and/or lighting systems; or
- $500 can replace an auditorium seat; or
- a somewhat larger gift you could endow the Auditorium stage (you would be able to add your name to the stage with this gift; please contact our gift officer for the Auditorium, Sarah Jennings, for information).
Youth Programming Funds
Hazel Dell Class Acts Fund
To help provide performing arts experiences for students at the nearby Hazel Dell School.
Helen Hamilton Performing Arts Endowment for Youth Fund
Supports the ClassPass program, which makes possible discounted tickets for classes to attend the Auditorium’s performing arts events. Because this is an endowed fund, your gift will never be spent; instead, interest from your gift will provide income to the Auditorium in the future.
Staley Class Acts Sangamon Auditorium
Supports the Class Acts program at Sangamon Auditorium. Assists grades K-12 children in central Illinois to attend performances. Gifts help with student ticket assistance, artist fees, and bus allowances.
We welcome your inquiries. Please use the contact information below.