Major in Criminal Justice
18 hours of core courses are required of all Criminal Justice majors.
NOTE: Core Course Requirements are effective Fall 2008. These courses are:
- CRJ 239 Intro to Criminal Justice (or equivalent) 3 HRS
- CRJ 315 Critical Thinking in CRJ 3 HRS
- CRJ 342 Statistics for Criminal Justice 3 HRS
- CRJ 345 Research Methods in CRJ 3 HRS
- CRJ 421 Criminological Theory 3 HRS
- CRJ 489 Senior Seminar 3 HRS
Total Core Courses: 18 HRS
Minor in Criminal Justice
15 hours of University of Illinois Springfield Criminal Justice courses are needed for the minor.
At least 9 hours must be taken at the 300 – 400 level
- CRJ 239 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- 12 hours of Criminal Justice electives
Students completing a Criminal Justice minor must earn an overall C average in the minor.