Welcome Visitors 2011
A UIS Graduate and family Welcome visitors, to our most cherished tradition.
The 40th University of Illinois Springfield Commencement Ceremony was held at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, Illinois, May 14, 2011.
The Center is located in downtown Springfield at 9th and Adams streets.
Order a Video or DVD
- Download the order form (pdf) to purchase a Video or DVD of the ceremony.
- Guests requiring special assistance should make arrangements in advance with Suzanne Woods by calling (217) 206-6666.
- Wheelchairs for transport will not be available at the PCCC.
- Graduating students who require special assistance should contact Darlene Harris-Kresse by calling (217) 206-8216.
Directions to the Center
The Center parking ramp is located at the corner of 7th & Washington streets.
Coming from the SOUTH on I-55 (St. Louis)
Take the 6th St. Exit (#92) to Downtown Springfield. Stay on 6th St.; at Washington St. turn right. Go one (1) block.
Coming from the NORTH on I-55 (Chicago)
Take the Clear Lake Avenue Exit (#98). Clear Lake Ave. merges with Jefferson St. Take a left on 7th St. Go one (1) block.
Coming from the EAST on I-72 (Champaign)
Continue straight ahead on Clear Lake Ave.; it will merge with Jefferson St. Take a left on 7th St. Go one (1) block.
Coming from the WEST on I-72 (Jacksonville)
Take the 6th St. Exit to Downtown Springfield. Stay on 6th St.; at
Washington St. turn right. Go one (1) block.
Coming from the CAMPUS
Take 11th St. to 6th St. Turn right onto 6th St; at Washington
St. turn right. Go one (1) block.
- 7th & Adams – Located next to the Convention Center and Pres. A. Lincoln Hotel (50¢ per hour or $5 per day)
- 7th & Monroe – Located next to Hilton Hotel (50¢ per hour or $5.50 per day)
- 6th & Washington – Located below the Old State Capitol- Open 7am-7pm on weekdays, Sat. 7am-6pm, closed on Sun. (50¢ per half hour)
- 6th & Capital – (25¢ for 1st half hour, 50¢ for each additional half hour or $3.50 per day)
- 4th & Washington- 24 hour access ($3 per day )
- 7th & Monroe – Located below Lincoln Library (25¢ per half hour)
- Abraham Lincoln Museum – 7am – 7pm, Wed. night open until 10pm (50¢ per half hour)
- 4th & Washington- (50¢ per hour or $4 per day)
The following hotels have agreed to extend discounted rates to family members and friends attending the UIS Commencement Ceremony. Please mention “UIS Commencement” when calling to make reservations.
700 East Adams
Springfield, IL 62701
217-789-1530View the Hilton’s UIS Commencement Ceremony reservation page
Group Name: UIS COMMENCEMENT
Group Code: UIS
The State House Inn – A Clarion Collection Hotel
101 East Adams Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701
217-528-5100Room Rate: – TBD
- For additional hotel information please contact the Springfield Convention and Visitor’s Bureau at (800) 545-7300.
- For detailed information about restaurants in Springfield please contact the Springfield Convention and Visitor’s Bureau at (800) 545-7300.