Wimba Pronto Basic
Wimba Pronto Basic is a free tool avialable within Blackboard at UIS. Wimba Pronto Logo You must create an annount and install Wimba Pronto on your computer if your instructor wishes to use this tool.
Once the software is installed, it will automatically display the courses in which you are enrolled and list all of your classmates and your instructors. When anyone associate with your course is online, you can use Wimba Pronto to communicate via text or audio chat.
Please note that you must have a microphone and speakers avialble for the audio chat tool.
Learn more on the Wimba Pronto Basic site.
Create Account and Install Wimba Pronto
- Sign in to Blackboard.
- Go into your course.
- Click “Tools” on your Course Menu.
- On the Tools page, scroll down and click “Wimba Pronto.”
- Click “Wimba Pronto” again to continue.
- A new window will open, displaying the Wimba Welcome page.
- Follow the steps to create your account and click “Submit.”
- On the next screen, choose the Wimba version for your computer operating system (Mac or Windows 7, Vista, or XP) and install the software.
- Next, click the available boxes to select settings for your course(s) that will be using Wimba Pronto.
- When you log into Wimba Pronto, your UIS courses and classmates will appear in a list for you to chat with.
- For help using Wimba Pronto Basic, see the user guide.